Blogger Template by Blogcrowds.

Sad songs

I'm kind of drunk. I just keep listening to songs that make me sad.

They are:

Something Corporate: Konstantine
I know I should be in high school for this to be true. But I listened to it then and it still reminds me of those days and I can still relate to the lyrics because of it.

Okkervil River: Red
It's self-explanatory. Just listen to it. Good and folky.

Casimir Pulaski Day: Sufjan Stevens
Sad because of pure amazing songwriting and storytelling ability by Sufjan Stevens. In my mind it's about an idyllic and innocent teenage coming of age relationship, except the girl dies of cancer.

(This is) The Dream of Evan and Chan: Dntel
If you are a Postal Service fan, this is the first real Postal Service song featured on Dntel's CD. It reminds me of first falling in love and not believing it. It's also just a damn good song.

Trouble: Cat Stevens
Folky shit. Also self-explanatory. Despite Harold and Maude not being my favorite movie, some of the scenes with Cat Stevens songs are fairly memorable.

Eulogy: Tool
This song is 8 minutes of completely dark anger. I think it's one of Tool's best songs. I think it says a lot of things that people are ever afraid to say about anyone. It's about the best stress reliever out there.

2 Comments:

  1. 3 said...
    i love that dntel song.
    Ashok said...
    Happy Thanksgiving! Hope you're feeling better - I'm scrambling to keep in touch with the surprisingly large amount of people I have to give holiday wishes to. I didn't even realize I had this many people in my life.

    Hope to hear from you soon. Take care!

Post a Comment



Newer Post Older Post Home