Blogger Template by Blogcrowds.

Random Things

Oh thank god! The Roman Catholic Church has finally decided to forgive John Lennon for saying that the Beatles were more famous than Jesus. Kind of like 45 years late but whatevs. It seems like the quote may have hurt the pope's feelings but now has reconciled the fact that John Lennon wasn't an atheist but just an attention whore.

Today marks one week before I leave the country. Oh shit! I have a zillion things to do. I have to pack. I have to pray that my family acts a little bit sane about this. I have to try not to stress the fuck out. Oh wait, I'm doing that already.

Anything I should not forget to pack? I've added a few essentials that I did not bring to Denmark originally. My DVD collection is one of them. Also, any extra space in my baggage will be filled with macaroni and cheese, manwich, pancake mix, and peanut butter. I know the food won't suck as much as Denmark if it will at all. However, everyone needs an American fix every once and awhile and I'd rather it not be from McDonald's.

To anyone who has traveled, an important question. Have you ever noticed that foreign Coca-Cola tastes better? I don't really like it in the states but daaaaamn is it good in Europe. Someone told me that it's a slightly different recipe. I think it has to do with having the option to buy it in glass bottles. Or maybe I was just starved for good food in Denmark.

And for those who have been to the UK (ie the ONE person who reads this blog), what is one place out of London that I HAVE to go. I definitely won't miss Bath, Oxford, or Canterbury. I'd also like to take the ferry to France at some point but I don't know if that will work out.

To come later today, more cross-stitch. I've finished all the ones that I needed to and have just been spacing out the posts.

I hate to admit it, but I may start reading the Twilight series. Don't judge!!! Regardless, they are light kids fantasy books and I think they would make just perfect airplane reading. We shall see.

1 Comment:

  1. 3 said...
    alright, well if you're going to be living in london, then i suggest you visit Todmorden. it's a tiny northern town with a few cobblestone streets, a canal running through town, and some classic shops (including a toy museum ran by an ex-car racer, a gay cafe, and a natural foods grocery). it's a bit of a mission to get to, but it's worth it. i guess you'd take the train from london to leeds or manchester, then take the Manchester Victoria train to Todmorden.

    this place is the opposite of london and it's really nice to see the contrast. the town sits on the edge of a moor. go for a walk; the view is gorgeous and there's a peace monument and a water reserve at the top. a couple train stops down there's also a town called Hebden Bridge which is famous for the highest per capita independently owned businesses and lesbians. also, if you climb a big hill in hebden bridge you can visit Sylvia Plath's grave and get altitude-drunk on cider at the hilltop pub.

    Either way, Todmorden is my favorite town in England. I have dreams of returning and living there on a hillside, baking bread and making pies and just generally feeling really happy and lucky. who wouldn't want to go to a town that makes you feel that way?

    phew.

Post a Comment



Newer Post Older Post Home