Blogger Template by Blogcrowds.

less than 48 hours!

It's less than 48 hours until I get on my plane to London. I have my backpack packed but still have to get out a piece of luggage. I just don't understand how people can only bring ONE piece of luggage for 6 months. I don't pack too much. But I am packing for most seasons/all occasions. That's quite a few pairs of shoes ie. hiking, sandals, work shoes, vans slip ons, dressy brown and dressy black shoes. OK, so I don't really need the vans but I honestly can't live without those shoes. And I may not bring the dressy black.

Many things will be tossed on the way back. My philosophy is to overpack to an extent and then, throw away. Since I am also packing for my 2 weeks in Italy in May, I have to bring sheets for hostels. These sheets are old and will simply be pitched at the end. Same goes for socks and underwear. When planning a short trip, I take enough underwear and socks for every day but I pick the crappiest ones I have. That way, you don't have to wash stuff in the sink and your pack gets roomier as you go!

Things like my slip-on vans or my towel will also be tossed at the end of the trip. However, I do think I may be overpacking on clothes. The reality is I'll be working a lot which means I need normal clothes less. Maybe I'll get everything out and then choose to cut back from there.

Also, since I'm very picky about certain things I have shampoo and conditioner for 6 months as well as toothpaste as I need a specific kind. The plus side is that none of this will come back with me either. Books will be left in England and exchanged for new books as well. My biggest real bulk is from all those electronics I can't live without. ipod, computer, digital camera, and a dvd case. I did not bring Dvds to Denmark with me and totally regretted it! I really hope I can smoosh this all into a not-too-gigantic suitcase and still have a bit of room leftover.

For now, I have to try and finish this cross-stitch. Tomorrow, I need to frame 5 of the cross-stitches and get money out of my mom for them. Pack another bag. Try to finish my London book. Get all my documents together. And call 3 different credit card companies to tell them not to shut off my card if London charges appear.

Monday I have to return library books. Deposit all my Christmas money in the bank. And, oh yeah, catch a flight!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment



Newer Post Older Post Home