Blogger Template by Blogcrowds.

Get 'er Done


Ooo this one might be my favorite of all the ones I've made in the past month. While I abhor country music and the actual phrase depicted here, some people think differently. My mom expected me to go with a nice country theme. Maybe some farm houses and traditional...things.

Instead, I played with a gothic looking font I found. I loved it! Of course, fonts don't just translate easily into cross stitch so this one I fiddled with a lot to get it just right. I realllly like it and would love to use it again. The little butterflies come from a free cross-stitch site that had a huge sampler of them. I chose two and picked out my own colors. Then, I outlined them in the super shiny expensive thread that I bought. So it's kind of gothic, kind of girly and kind of glittery. All good things!

In other news, I really hate the name of this blog. I only picked it because I had no idea what to name it. Sooo, have any neat suggestions? Something a bit catchier and maybe a little less self-depricating? But just a little.

And I leave for London in less than 2 weeks. Major freaking out and packing to occur soon. 6 days until my crappy job here is over! Yay!

4 Comments:

  1. Ashok said...
    Hey, I just got your comment on my post, was hoping you were on IM so I could say hi.

    Hope you're doing well - I should be on later tonight.

    I think "insubstantial" is a fine name.
    3 said...
    yo. what about an insouciant blog?

    like there's some substance, but you just don't give a shit? i like it.
    insubstantial said...
    wow...i have never heard of that word in my life!
    Anonymous said...
    Thanks for the great Post – very COOL!!!

Post a Comment



Newer Post Older Post Home