Blogger Template by Blogcrowds.

Geeking out...

There is something about fall that makes people obsessed with making things. My mom just started up her knitting and baking. And I went to Jo-Ann Fabrics and bought much more than I originally intended.

First off, I found really cool thread for cross-stitching. It's variegated rainbow thread that's metallic. Woah! It's also really expensive at $2.20 for a thing of it. But isn't it shiny and pretty?


As I said, I wouldn't be doing any jewelry making...but I looked anyway. Then, I had to buy beads. I've always liked Blue Moon beads though I rarely ever actually used them. They just didn't fit into my designs. Well, Blue Moon has a couple whole new lines which are AMAZING. Lost and Found is my fav. Enchanted Planet is another great new line they have.
They also make jewelry making super easy with beads with findings already attached. AND they have tons of chunky chains in a variety of styles. I love the chunky chain in the picture above. I plan on turning all these items into a necklace with matching earrings, hopefully by the end of the night. The best part of the Lost and Found stuff is that they use a variety of metals like copper for an antique-y look.

Oh and I bought these. They are tiny hollow circles which are perfect for some small Swarovski crystals to be run through the middle. Don't know quite what I'll do with them yet. Maybe a bracelet?Oh, meet my cat. I disturbed him while taking pictures. He sleeps on my bed most of the day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment



Newer Post Older Post Home